Businesses that were open as usual and were then required to close due to local Tier 2, Tier 3 or Tier 4 restrictions may be eligible for LRSG (Closed) or LRSG (Closed) Addendum: Tier 4.
Eligible businesses are entitled to a cash grant from their local council for each 14 day period they are closed.
The Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses is a mandatory grant for businesses that have a rateable value and that have been forced to close or stop their main business activity. The rate of payment for eligible businesses will be:
For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, £667 for each 14-day period.
For properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, £1,000 for each 14-day period.
For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over, grants to be £1,500 for each 14-day period.
You can apply for a grant if your business is either:
- in an area of local Tier 2 or Tier 3 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 9 September
- in an area of local Tier 4 restrictions and has been required to close because of local restrictions that resulted in a first full day of closure on or after 19 December
You will need to show that your business:
- is based in England
- occupies property on which it pays business rates (and is the ratepayer)
- has been required to close for at least 14 days because of the restrictions
- has been unable to provide its usual in-person customer service from its premises
For example, this could include pubs and restaurants that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Eligible businesses can get one grant for each non-domestic property within the restriction area.
How to apply
Visit your local council’s website to find out how to apply.