New National COVID Restrictions have been introduced from Tuesday 5 January.
There will be three schemes in operation as listed below.
- One-off grant of up to £9000.
- The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) for Closed Businesses – for businesses that are required to be closed.
- Discretionary Grant – for businesses which do not meet the criteria for the Local Restrictions Support Grant Closed but are being severely affected by the impact of COVID-19.
These One-off top-ups will be granted to eligible closed businesses who have been approved for the LRSG for Closed Businesses:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
If a business did not receive the payment in November but can answer yes to the following questions
- Are you registered for business rates?
- Has your business property got a rateable value?
- Has your business been forced to close?
If the answer to at least one of these questions is NO, you are not eligible for this support but will have the opportunity to apply to a new discretionary grant scheme which will be open for those businesses who have been severely impacted by the new national lockdown but do not have a rateable value or have not been forced to close.